Pamper-Her-Friday by Rg2™ 107: The Romance Manifesto III by Rg2
Eve of Summer, Calif.—Mid-morning, Pamper-Her-Friday:
A guide for the Romantic man:
1) Ask her: “What does intimacy mean to you?” Listen carefully . . . to the inflections of her voice and the language in her eyes as she defines, because you’ll be listening to the woman’s heart. Don’t be surprised if her ideal intimacy lacks sexual over- or undertones; often what a woman seeks in intimacy contrasts with that of a man. But be open: Touch (to the woman) doesn’t necessarily mean sex. Necessarily.
2) Understand that in this online, technology-everywhere world we all inhabit, her smartphone and the various social media (including those yet to come online) are your direct competition for her time, attention, and affections. Don’t get ruffled. Don’t compete. Carve a niche of quality time that she agrees to and make it worth her while. But don’t compete. There are limits to how the online world and her smartphone are able to satisfy her “offline” cravings and needs.
Romance offline and in real time has NO competition. (Trust me.)
3) It’s likely, as a little girl, she wasn’t read to just before bedtime. If she in fact wasn’t, introduce this new art. A woman likes to be read to, whether poetry, romantic prose, or something written willy-nilly from a man’s heart. Corny? Maybe. But also distinctive. Say or recite it lullaby-like. And then simply breathe on her just before you say, “good night, love.”
4) The last line from No. 2 begs repeating: Romance offline and in real time has NO competition.
5) A woman prefers not to have to pump her own gas into her motorcar. If you’re in-vehicle with her, by all means, handle it for her. But for those times you’re not, provide a pair of velvety rugged, fitted gloves in her trunk, with a note that expresses, “. . . so your hands won’t be exposed to countless unsanitary elements.” A woman’s naked hands should never touch the nozzle. (She won’t forget it.)
6) On Monday, her least favorite weekday, engender and intensify her anticipation of Pamper-Her-Friday (the day and evening she most looks forward to with you) by taping–unbeknownst to her–a tiny section of notepaper between the sole and heel of her designated Monday shoe. Email or text her a hint of the note’s whereabouts while at work.
In your handscript, the note should read something to the effect,
“I know a place few visitors have ever ventured, fewer even have ever been welcomed, and so few, if any, will ever know as you have: My arms. They long to enrapture you. I’ve asked Friday to hurry its arrival . . . .” (Her smile won’t be contained, and the countdown begins.)
7) Find the DVD or stream the movie “Love Affair” with Warren Beatty and Annette Bening; then find the DVD or stream the movie “Love Jones” with Larenz Tate and Nia Long. View them both in her company in a cozy setting—on HD TV, the better. If she wants to be closer to your body, or if you notice how she sinks further into your chest during either movie, the woman is a true romantic and you’re the owner. If she appreciates both movies in equal measure, indeed you share a Higher Romance.
8) Repeat No. 3, but with a twist: Record your recital, create an app for her smartphone . . . non-commercial, for her private use only. Whether on her iPod or listening during her motorcar commute, love calls. And the woman knows where home is.
9) Take her to see Kem in live performance (his show alone, not part of a summer line-up or guest appearance). Enough said.
10) On a whim, out of the blue, call her and ask, “Do you care about me, woman?”
If she answers yes without hesitation, she’s in love.
If she says no, she’s fibbing.
The woman’s in love.
Pamper the woman and forever yours is her romance. –Rg2
© 2012 Pamper-Her-Friday by Rg2™
Photo: Goodfon.ru 131901